Based in Kirkland, Washington
September 1, 2011
Press / Business Contact:
July 12, 2016 (Steam), October 4, 2016 (PS4 + XB1)
NECROPOLIS: BRUTAL EDITION (Just branded as "NECROPOLIS" on Consoles) is the definitive NECROPOLIS experience - featuring a new playable adventurer (The Brute), a completely new outdoor environment (The Black Forest), and lots of new enemies, weapons, armor, traps, potions, scrolls, and other big improvements to the game.NECROPOLIS is available on Steam for PC and Mac, as well as on PS4 and XBOX One in partnership with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
NECROPOLIS combines third-person action with Rogue-lite dungeon-delving for a game that’s fast-paced and addictive, yet diabolically hardcore. Adventure alone, or with up to 3 friends in a magical deathtrap that reconstructs itself each time you play. Craft, equip, explore, and fight to stay alive as you delve deeper and face ever-greater threats in the twisting halls and endless chasms of the NECROPOLIS. Have no doubt, you’re going to die - often! - but you’ll improve your combat skills, available upgrades, and dungeon know-how with every playthrough, bringing you one step closer to the exit. (Warning: "Just one more time" mindset can be addicting.)
- DEATH IS PERMANENT. Game Over? Jump right back in with a new adventurer and try again!
- DEATH IS DIFFERENT EVERY TIME. A new procedurally-generated dungeon with every death.
- DEATH IS BETTER WITH FRIENDS. Drop-in / drop-out co-op multiplayer for up to 4 players!
- DEATH IS MONSTROUS. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, and more - they exist to kill you.
- DEATH IS NOT WITHOUT PERKS. Each new dungeon is littered with powerful weapons, armor, and upgrades to wield against your foes. (And there’s crafting, too!)
- DEATH IS UNAVOIDABLE. But don’t worry, this NEXT playthrough is totally the one. We’ve got a good feeling about it.
HistoryAbout Harebrained Schemes
Harebrained Schemes is an independent game studio led by Jordan Weisman, the creator of Shadowrun, Crimson Skies, BattleTech/MechWarrior, and many other acclaimed settings. Founded in 2011 by Weisman and his partner-in-crime Mitch Gitelman, the Seattle-based studio is centered on deep collaboration between seasoned veterans and fresh talent who share a passion for crafting game worlds and delighting their audience. Titles include Crimson: Steam Pirates (iOS, Chrome, 2011), Strikefleet Omega (iOS, Android, 2012), Shadowrun Returns (Steam and mobile, 2013), Shadowrun: Dragonfall (Steam, 2014); Golem Arcana (Retail,2014); Shadowrun Dragonfall -Directors Cut (Steam and mobile, 2014); and Shadowrun: Hong Kong (Steam, 2015). After Necropolis, the company’s next game is BATTLETECH, due out in early 2017.
NECROPOLIS Trailer YouTube
Please contact us for any specific image requests.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "The Necropolis you can play today is very different from, and vastly superior to, the Necropolis that launched in July. […] So if you wrote this game off or have been on the fence about it, now is as good a time as any to jump in, because in all honestly, you’re missing out on one of the finest gaming experiences of the year." - 9.2/10 - Absolute Geeks
- "While roguelike and roguelike-inspired games such as these feel like a dime a dozen in recent times, Necropolis stands out simply by being the best that it can be, with a striking visual style, great sense of humor and an enjoyable co-op mode working together with immense, randomized, yet terrifically-designed levels and some great combat." - 4.5/5 - Hardcore Gamer
- "Battles shine with crazy enemy variety—and epic ones feel even more thrilling in co-op [...] hero and enemy designs are among the coolest in the roguelike genre." - Ars Technica
- "PAX East 2015 Editor's Choice Award" - Rob Morrow, Destructoid
- "PAX East 2015 Community Choice Award" - Destructoid
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Development and PC Publishing